G L O B A L G E N E R A T I O N
A symposium for STUDENTS of all faculties
Frankfurt, December 5/6/7 1996
organised by AEGEE-Mainz/Wiesbaden in co-operation
with Lufthansa AG
- flight with Lufthansa to frankfurt and back will be provided for free
- lodging and meals are included
The globalization of the markets, the new markets in Central
and Eastern Europe and the fast-growing markets in the
Asia-Pacific area have increased competition in the world markets.
The entails drastic changes for the companies as well as for
the employees and their families.
The aim of this symposium is to generate a new discussion about
problems and perspectives of process of globalization. We also
want to find some concrete ways for a company to deal with
globalization with special focus on human resources (and that
means you, all of you, no matter what you are studying).
To take part in the symposium, please write an essay about
globalization. These are possible topics for your essay:
* What is the impact of globalization on society?
* What about family life and other social relations?
* What kind of company culture makes employees move
anywhere on the world voluntarily?
* "Many cultures, one market" or rather "one culture, one
* How does globalization change the use of languages?
* How much of your personal (regional, national) identity
are you willing to give up for your global career?
* What is the ideal working environment for multicultural
teams with international members?
* Will career planning be possible after all?
* What kind of human resources development is needed in a
globalized business world?
(But you may also write about anything else you
consider important in the process of globalization linked to
people, service and life.)
Essay: max. 700 words, in English!
The essay should not be a scientific paper. Tell us your ideas.
Creativity, original ideas and new concepts are wanted!
We don't want summaries of articles of business books! Feel
free to use your imagination!!
Deadline: October 5, 1996.
Applications should include:
Date of birth
Field of studies
Title of your essay
*** your essay
*** Curriculum vitae
*** short letter of motivation
Send your application (preferably by email) to:
Tel. +49 172 6125194
Fas. +49 6131 393983
Feel free to call us if you have any questions.
Your Global Generation Team ;-) !
Krzysztof Szarkowicz, M.Sc. Tel: +36.1.4633110 (office)
PhD student Fax: +36.1.4633107 (office)
Technical University of Budapest Tel: +36.26.328941 (home)
Dep. of Telecommunications and Telematics
Sztoczek Jozsef u. 2.
H-1111 Budapest e-mail: